Del Ray Glass specializes in high-end interior Glass & Contract Glazing commercial and residential work. We are the leader in the industry and a “go to” solution for our clients.
If you have an eye for detail, like to go above and beyond, and enjoy working in large and challenging jobs we may be a good fit. We are always on the lookout for talented and hard working individuals to become a part of our dynamic team.
If you have the required qualifications and are interested in being a part of a growing company, send your resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Project Manager is responsible for variety of projects with backlog of $3M - $5M at any given time. The PM leads a Project Team consisting of Field Superintendent, Mechanics and Helpers. The PM is responsible for the financial, safety, and efficiency outcomes achieved on these assigned projects.
- Serve as project manager for company engaged primarily in commercial interior/exterior glass and aluminum work, performing project planning, budgeting, and identification of resources.
- Develop and provide RFIs, change orders, and modifications to general contractor / owner on construction projects.
- Provide preconstruction services by assessing project feasibility through occasional worksite visits as needed throughout greater DC area.
- Maximize usage of materials through use of CAD and GDS software to calculate fabrication sheet and provide to fabricators.
- Handle site coordination and scheduling.
- Prepare bids.
- Ensure projects are executed within budget.
- Ensure contract compliance.
- Oversight of Project Team as direct supervisor.
- Organize, plan, communicate and execute specific strategies for successful project completion.
- Accountability for financial aspects of projects from purchasing, resource management and profitability.
- Responsible for mentoring and staff development of team members and creating highly functional and interactive team.
- Create and maintain relationships with clients to facilitate new project sales.
- Assist in presenting DRG’s “We can do it” perspective.
- Project Manager will be OSHA 10 certified.
- Bachelor’s degree (or foreign equivalent) in mechanical engineering, civil engineering, or closely related. AND 2 years experience as a project manager
- Assume responsibility for new projects from submittal stage through completion including oversight of shop drawings, other submittals and project closeout. Assume responsibility for all completed work of the Project Management Team and adherence to established schedules and quality standards.
- Plan and execute projects. Assume responsibility for new projects from submittal stage through completion, including oversight of shop drawings, other submittals, and project closeout.
- Project and track assets to complete required output including materials, labor and other resources, and initiate corrective actions as needed to meet project deadlines.
- Direct resources to follow critical path milestones and establish action plans, schedules, and processes.
- Review assigned projects to establish critical path milestones and establish action plans and schedules, and verify accuracy of scope of new work.
- Build an efficient, high functioning team. Ensure that your team adheres to established schedules, quality standards, and standard operating procedures.
- Consistently and professionally communicate with client representatives, vendors, subcontractors, and internal customers.
- Assume responsibility for efficient functioning of PM Team, including interpersonal interaction between field staff, shop staff and office staff.
- Communicate with Field Superintendent to project upcoming work and in-house fabrication and job material requirements. Project manager is responsible for keeping shop personnel advised of project schedules and project related material needs.
- Work with the accounting department on team’s projects’ monthly billings.
- Monitor the field staff and manage hiring and performance concerns.
- Responsible for monthly billings of projects and interface with accounting department.
- Hire/Fire responsibility for all field staff in conjunction with Director of Project Management.
- Direct PM Team to follow systems and procedures to maintain efficiency company-wide, including project costing systems, cash flow projections, scheduling, projections and other systems required to support growth of Company.
- Manage all staff on PM Team to follow Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for all aspects of Project Management.
- Maintain oversight of all field staff, including quality control and on-job performance.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Seek job specific training resources as required to become expert in this role. Significant ongoing education is required to achieve this outcome.
The Installation Mechanic is responsible for effectively executing all aspects of the installation process, including planning, layout and measuring. Provides oversight and training of Glass Helpers.
- Assume responsibility for the proper installation and execution of DRG contracted projects including metal and glass and fitting into openings on job sites prepared by others.
- Responsible for mentoring and staff development of assigned Glass Helper.
- Organize, strategize and plan work sequencing and process to ensure successful installation.
- Oversight responsibility of adherence to DRG and Client’s established Safety Programs and Policies.
- Glass Mechanic will be OSHA 10 Certified.
- Assume responsibility for all new projects from first visit to job site through final completion, including oversight of all installation processes.
- Assume responsibility for all completed work of the installation team and adherence to established schedules and quality standards.
- Assume responsibility for all communication with clients’ field personnel and representatives, and other trades.
- Review assigned projects with the DRG Project Team to establish best installation methods, and verify accuracy of scope of new work.
- Anticipate requirements to complete installation, including materials, labor and other resources to meet project deadlines.
- Communicate with PM to anticipate upcoming fabrication needs and material requirements.
- Responsible for maintaining adequate truck inventory of commonly used hardware and supplies.
- Responsible for maintaining adequate tool inventory.
- Take accurate field measurements, and verify field conditions before installation process begins.
- Communicate at all times with PM Team and report any observed discrepancies, changes and problems immediately.
- Drive trucks to installation sites, and unload mirrors, glass equipment, and tools.
- Fabricate and install metal sashes and moldings for glass installation, using aluminum or steel framing. Install pre-assembled frameworks for windows or doors to be fitted with glass panels, using hand tools.
- Load, unload and arrange glass and mirrors to delivery trucks using suction cups or cranes to lift glass.
- Read and interpret blueprints and specifications to determine size, shape, color, type, and thickness of glass, location of framing, installation procedures, and staging and scaffolding materials required.
- Responsible for directing Glass Helper and other installation crew as needed.
- Assume responsibility for effective training of Glass Helpers in proper glazing techniques.
- Direct Installation Team to follow efficient and established installation procedures according to pre-defined plan and schedule.
- Oversight of assigned field staff and Glass Helpers, including quality control and on-job performance. Manage all assigned staff to follow Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for all aspects of the installation process.
- Safely operate and maintain assigned company vehicle. Responsible for keeping vehicle clean, organized and well stocked. Responsible for coordinating routine maintenance for assigned vehicles and communicating about necessary repairs.
- Coordinate schedule of Glass Helper and oversee time reporting and coordinating record keeping of Glass Helper’s schedule. Create and communicate expectations of team’s report times and arrange rendezvous of team at job sites.
- Responsible for participation in training systems to expand knowledge of self and other field staff.
- Other duties as assigned.
The Glass Helper is responsible for assisting in the execution of the installation processes.
- Assist Glass Mechanic with all tasks relating to the installation processes. Assume responsibility for completed work of the team and adherence to schedules and quality standards.
- This role requires an attitude of ambitiousness and commitment to learning on the part of the Glass Helper.
- Adherence to DRG and Client’s established Safety Programs and Policies.
- Glass Helper will be OSHA 10 Certified.
- Learn glass handling and standard glazing techniques to effectively assist Glass Mechanic.
- Participate in appropriate communication with clients’ field personnel and representatives, and other trades.
- Review assigned projects with the Glass Mechanic to establish best installation methods, and verify accuracy of scope of new work.
- Anticipate needs to complete installation, including materials, labor and other resources to meet project deadlines.
- Communicate with Project Team to plan upcoming work, in-house fabrication and job material requirements.
- Assist Glass Mechanic in maintaining adequate truck inventory of commonly used hardware and supplies.
- Responsible for truck and job site cleanliness.
- Responsible for following directions from Glass Mechanic. Anticipate how to assist Glass Mechanic to best execute installation.
- Follow efficient and established installation procedures according to pre-defined plan and schedule, as directed by Glass Mechanic.
- Familiarize self with Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for all aspects of the installation process.
- Be available to run errands as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.